We wish to appoint an excellent and inspiring Cover supervisor to join our strong school team.
Exminster Community Primary School is an inclusive, caring school in the heart of Exminster village with our ‘Rainbow Values’ at the very core. Our values ‘Enjoyment’, ‘Potential’, ‘Inclusion’ and ‘Community’ are at the EPICentre of learning.
You will supervise classes across the school during the absence of teaching staff to ensure learning continues following cohesive planning.
You must have experience working in a school environment in either a teaching role or cover supervisor/HLTA role, and it is important that you are personable, friendly, adaptable and able to work both within a team and under your own initiative.
As Cover Supervisor, you will need to demonstrate a good understanding of teaching and learning, and be able to communicate at all levels with children, staff and parents.
This post will suit:
- An early career teacher who is seeking a post to further develop their skills and experience before taking a teaching role; - Teachers who love the role of working with children but do not want the full responsibility of a teaching role;
- Teachers looking to return to the sector after a career break who wish to update their skills and knowledge;
- Current Cover Supervisors or HLTAs.
The successful applicant will prioritise building strong relationships with children and adults and will have an enthusiasm and love of learning to share with the children. We can offer you:
- A caring, inclusive school community. - Inquisitive, enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn.
- An open and supportive staff team who are passionate about developing the whole child.
The post is for 19hrs, 38 weeks per year. We can be flexible on deciding the days that these hours are worked on.
School visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact us on 01392 824340 to arrange a visit.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The above is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please see the Child Protection Policy here:
Due to start in September or sooner if possible. Closing date for applications: Sunday 4th June Interview Date: Friday 9th June