Regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued at Exminster Community Primary School. The parent forum aims to represent the views of all parents and to be a voice to inform our school of the needs of children and families. It facilitates communication between parents/carers and staff and governors. The forum works to provide feedback on provision, offer a parent's perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision.
This takes place by:
- Regular communication with parents/carers
- Ensuring a diverse forum membership and representation of views from parents/carers from all backgrounds and sectors of society
The forum is not in place to address specific concerns about an individual child or issues relating to individual members of staff. Parents who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher or the Deputy/Headteacher.
- To support and promote children's learning
- To help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues
- To involve parents and carers actively in school decisions
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children
The Parent Forum's membership is made up of parents and carers of children attending Exminster Community Primary School. Members of the senior leadership team and a representative of the governing body will also attend meetings wherever possible.
Meetings will be arranged when a need has been identified either by the Senior Leadership Team/Governing Body or Parents/Carers. The frequency of these meetings will vary depending on the topics identified. The Agenda will be prepared in advance and emailed out to all people attending prior to the meeting along with any supporting paperwork. We are aware that not every member of the Parent Forum will be able to attend every meeting but we do ask that you let us know prior to the meeting whether or not you intend to attend.
If you would like to be a member of the 'Parent Forum' please speak to a member of the office team.