Merry Christmas from Exminster Community Primary School.
A Message from Mrs Whalley
Thank you for your interest in our school. The children, staff, parents and governors have created our Rainbow Values at Exminster Community Primary School.
Rainbow Values: ‘The EPICentre of Learning’
At the EPICentre of our school are our core values (colours of the Rainbow) and learning behaviours that underpin everything we strive to achieve together:
• Enjoyment - We want every child to enjoy coming to school, to feel secure in their friendships and to be happy to learn.
• Potential - We aim to help every child reach and exceed their full potential through providing a rich and varied range of learning opportunities within a broad and balanced curriculum. Learning is planned in every class to meet all needs. We aim to find children’s strengths and use these within school to develop children’s confidence and love of learning. ‘Be the best that we can be’.
• Inclusion - We pride ourselves in being a highly inclusive school. Inclusion is about adapting for the needs of our learners – however minor or major their needs may be. This has benefits for all learners, learning to celebrate our differences and individuality.
• Community - Exminster Community Primary School plays an integral part in life of our village. We maintain a strong family village school ethos. We feel it is essential that children develop an understanding of our school family, our local family, our national family and our international family. Diversity and respect are a golden thread within all that we do.
Rainbow Values Learning Behaviours
Over the last year, we have been having a lot of discussions with children about learning behaviours. These underpin learning and development across all areas and support our children to remain effective and motivated learners. The learning characteristics make up the final three colours of the rainbow:
• Motivation – being involved and concentrating, keeping on trying, enjoying achieving what they set out to do.
• Engagement – finding out and exploring, playing with they know and be willing to have a go.
• Thinking – having their own ideas, making links, choosing ways to do things
The children talk about these aspects regularly in their learning, thinking about their aspirations and their learning journey.
We hope you will feel happy to subscribe to our Rainbow Values.